Your Strategic Partner in Disaster Readiness and Response
- Frustrated from pouring time and resources into navigating the large insurance claims system?
- Bombarded by “storm chaser” contractors the moment a disaster strikes?
- Losing opportunities to file insurance claims due to unreported storm damage?
- Surprised by unexpected losses when you go to renovate or sell a property?
- Worried legal liabilities from improper insurance claims and incorrect advice will damage your credibility with clients?
You’re Not Alone
It is easy to be caught unprepared when catastrophe strikes. When it does, vast amounts of time, resources and staffing hours can be wasted navigating the industry specific language of insurance claims. Insurance companies are motivated to deny large claims, pushing your claim into an even more complicated and slow arbitration (“appraisal”) process.
Some contractors follow in the wake of major natural disasters, offering to take the hassle off your hands. These contractors are usually no closer to being an expert on insurance claims than you are, and their aim is to put profit into their own pockets, not yours.
Many states have recently passed laws prohibiting contractors from negotiating insurance claims. That means contractors will likely promise what they can’t deliver, accept what the insurance companies offer, and increase your own liability from receiving improper advice. Sound familiar? Contact us before it’s too late.
Case StudiesCurious about what’s possible? Take a look at 2 featured client case studies. This is only a sample of how DCS services can benefit your business both short and long term.
Owner of a Private Real Estate Investment Trust in Georgia
- took a random meeting with us despite no knowledge of our business
- owns 150+ commercial and industrial properties; had never been inspected for storm damage
- we completed inspections on every building and produced reports
- he made claims on approx 35 of them; we successfully negotiated and settled all of them as his public adjuster
- received approximately $5 mil in settlements; paid us 10%
- he completed repairs on his buildings for roughly $2.8 mil, netting him a profit of nearly $1.7 mil
- was able to fix many leaking roofs that were costing him money every month, and he added to the value of his properties because they had new roofs
HOA Management Company in Illinois
- manages 120+ homeowner associations
- some experience with claims, but not much
- no plan in place for handling claims other than reacting when notification of them (typically by a storm chasing contractor)
- we implemented and still run a full claims department for them
- monitor their properties, perform inspections all when storms hit, educate the managers on how to handle them, meet the boards and walk them through the process, settle the claims, and manage the construction process and contractor selection from start to finish
- worked on large claims in the capacity of construction manager
- 6 large claims will net the management company over $500k in management fees
- Bonus: our program has also assisted with client retention for the management company, as it is a free, value added service to their associations
What about you?
Can you afford not to contact us for a conversation? Imagine your peace of mind from having a team of experts on your side not only after a hail or wind storm or even a fire, but also before a disaster strikes. Imagine your biggest worry during the “storm of the year” is your level of profitability (since legal liabilities and client retention are no longer stressors). Possible? Yes. With DCS.